A Day in the Life at Calibre CPA Group-
Martina Jennings, Administrative Supervisor
What is your title? Describe what you do.
My title is Administrative Supervisor. What I do are the following:
- Supervise the administrative team at our Wisconsin Avenue, Washington, DC office.
- Assist the quality control director with administrative functions and financial statements technical updates.
- Review, correct, and finalize the financial reports, presentations, correspondence, and financial statement documents for our company’s clients, partners, managers, and staff.
- Assist the Director of Administration/Firm Administrator with any administrative duties tasks projects.
Why did you get into the accounting/audit industry?
I got into the accounting field due to my love of math and numbers. Also, with the help of my accounting teacher in high school. She made it look interesting and fun.
What are three things you do every day? Do you have any morning “rituals”?
Although, I don’t have any rituals, three things that I do every day are:
- Pray for strength, endurance, and patience.
- Try to be as proactive as I possibly can.
- Try to be as transparent as I possibly can.
What are the most challenging and rewarding parts of your job?
The challenging thing is trying to accommodate everyone’s needs consistently. The rewarding part of my job is that I assist in making someone’s day efficiently and effectively better.
What advice would you give to someone looking to pursue a role like yours? Are there specific character traits or skills/certifications they should possess?
To pursue a role like mine, you have to have determination, patience, and the ability to adapt. You should ask questions, learn from your peers and others, learn how to be firm and stand by your decisions, and do not be afraid to give advice.
What do you like best about Calibre?
The best part of Calibre is the people and family atmosphere.